Friday, September 27, 2013
It's once again time for the world of professional audio to descend upon the Jacob Javits Center in New York City for the Audio Engineering Society (AES) Convention, and GC Pro wants you to be there... for free!
AES is celebrating their 65th year, and their convention will once again host the world’s largest gathering of audio professionals, attracting attendees from around the globe. This year’s convention will be bigger and better than ever, as the top names in professional audio engineering converge for the latest audio innovations through workshops, tutorials, technical papers, booth exhibits and product showcases.
GC Pro will be exhibiting along with Focusrite in Demo Room 2D02, where you can get hands-on with the Slate RAVEN MTX and other tools that show the latest in cutting-edge technology.
Friday, September 13, 2013
Click here to contact GC Pro and buy now, or call us toll-free at 877-687-5404.
GC Pro is your source for the new Avid S6 control surface. Leveraging the best of the industry-leading ICON and System 5 product families in a revolutionary new modular design, S6 delivers superior ergonomics and intelligent studio control, providing an intuitive, immersive experience for the modern sound engineer. And because it’s built on proven technology, trusted by top audio professionals in the most demanding production environments, S6 delivers the performance you need to complete projects faster and deliver the best sounding mixes possible.
• Customize the surface with only the modules you need for great cost efficiency
• Scale the system from mid- to large-format to match your workflow, with room to grow
• Mix faster and easier with intelligently designed controls, touchscreen and intuitive layout
• Access and manipulate multiple aspects of your mix through the master touchscreen
• See your mix in a whole new way with detailed visual feedback and professional metering
• Get the deep, integrated Pro Tools® mixing control only Avid can provide
• Extend your control to Logic Pro, Nuendo, and other EUCON™-enabled DAWs
• Experience highly responsive, precision control with high-speed EUCON connectivity
• Control up to eight audio workstations simultaneously—even from across the facility
• Configure, scale and reconfigure the surface easily through the Ethernet network
Revolutionary modular design
S6 is built to grow with you at every stage of your business—now and in the future. With a first-of-its-kind modular design, you can customize the surface with the modules you need to match your current workflow for the greatest cost efficiency, and scale the surface—horizontally and vertically—as your business grows. Choose a pre-configured S6 M10 or S6 M40 surface with the options you need or, with S6 M40, customize the surface even further with different channel control combinations.
Mix smarter with superior ergonomics
S6 acts and feels like a physical extension of your software, providing a truly intuitive and immersive experience. Turn around projects faster with high precision editing and mixing control at your fingertips. Quickly access and edit plug-ins, surround panning, and more with the multipoint touchscreen. And see every detail of your mix with unprecedented visual feedback, including waveform scrolling.
Get intelligent studio control
Experience the deep DAW control that only Avid can deliver. Pair S6 with Pro Tools and you gain the Avid advantage of faster workflows, extended visual feedback, and unique features to accelerate your efficiency every step of the way. And extend your control to Logic Pro, Nuendo, and other EUCON™-enabled DAWs, enabling you to mix projects on multiple workstations simultaneously and switch out sessions in seconds—all from a single control surface.
Proven and trusted technology
S6 delivers incredible workflow acceleration, highly responsive handling and deep DAW integration—all built on proven technology, trusted by top audio professionals in the most demanding production environments. The result: you get the exceptional, dynamic performance you need to deliver your best sounding mix possible—on time, every time.
Avid S6—Build your own surface
Because S6 can be scaled both horizontally and vertically using an array of surface modules, you can configure it with the modules you need now to fit your budget, with room to expand as your needs grow. Choose one of the pre-configured systems or build your own. Here’s a look at the various modules and other hardware you can choose.
Master modules—The control surface engines
Master modules are the central hubs of your S6 surface. All surfaces must include a main engine, which provides touchscreen access and control, and you have a choice between two—S6 M40 or S6 M10. The S6 Automation Module complements both, providing controls for transport, automation and more. Here’s a closer look at these modules.
- M40 vs. M10 The engine you choose dictates the total number of modules you can include in your S6 and impacts its overall size and customizability. Choose the high-performance M40 for large-scale productions that require maximum channels, high-resolution metering screens, and customizability, or the more affordable M10 for productions that need to fit into smaller rooms and budgets. Both feature a tilting 12.1-inch multipoint touchscreen, eight adjacent rotary encoders, and dedicated knobs and keys for monitoring and global control, enabling you to view, access and edit different aspects of your mix—such as tracks, processing and metering—without mousing through menus.
- S6 Automation Module This master module is included in all pre-configured systems, but is an optional add when building your own S6 M40-based surface (though you’d probably want one). It features a full transport control section (including a shuttle/jog wheel), focus fader, automation control, color shortcut displays and switches, a numeric keypad, and more for writing automation and navigating projects.
Channel modules—The controls you want and need
Channel modules provide the control and feedback elements you need—from faders and knobs, to processing and metering. All modules feature reliable, high-speed Ethernet connectivity for easy set-up. Whether a pre-configured surface meets your needs or you want to mix and match modules in your own custom creation, here are the modules you can choose:
- S6 Fader Module
• Eight motorized faders
• Dual tri-color LED meters per channel (with gain reduction metering)
• Mute, solo, and other switches with color LEDs
• Control levels for eight simultaneous tracks
-S6 Knob Module
• 32 multicolor LED top-lit knobs (four per channel)
• 32 OLED displays for labels and visual feedback
• 11 function select switches per channel with color LEDs
• Works in conjunction with the Process Module
• Control up to 32 simultaneous encoder values; stack two Knob Modules (S6 M40-based surfaces only) to get up to nine knobs per channel
-S6 Process Module
• Eight multicolor LED top-lit knobs (one per channel)
• 22 function select switches per channel with color LEDs
• Eight OLED displays for labels and visual feedback
• Provides mode selectors for Knob Modules to control up to nine simultaneous encoder values
-S6 Display Module
• 8-channel high-resolution TFT display
• Integrated single board computer
• Available only with S6 M40 configurations
• Provides deep visual feedback, including channel names, audio meters, routing, groups, DAW affiliation, scrolling Pro Tools waveforms, and more
Frame components—For desk mixing or freestanding
All modules need to be housed in a frame, whether you place S6 on a studio desk or give it a leg assembly to stand on. Depending on the number of modules you choose, your surface can range from mid- to large-format. There are a number of frame assembly items available, from a full leg assembly to create a freestanding surface, to different size frame buckets and blank panels.
Surface options—Ergonomic extras to personalize your desk
Blank Panel—Cover empty module spaces with a smooth surface
Display VESA Arm—Mount your DAW monitor on the surface with an adjustable arm
Producer’s Desk—Integrate a keyboard and DAW display directly into your control surface
Sliding Keyboard Tray—Get hands-on with your computer keyboard wherever you’re sitting
Sliding Script Tray—Hold pen, paper and your personal devices within easy reach
Speaker Bridge Mount—Place speakers in an optimal position with the S6 frame
GC Pro: Let our experts help build the perfect Avid S6 for you
As a completely customizable system, each Avid S6 is comprised of components that you specify for your needs. GC Pro's expert staff has all the information to help you put together the ultimate custom control surface for today's recording environments. Contact us now to get more information, to set up a demo, or to buy your perfect S6 system.